Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Scrub a Dub Dub, There's a lot More than You Think in the Tub.

Rowen loves bath time.

This was when she was a baby. Now that she is a toddler, bath time is less of a relaxation time and more of playtime.



 The second she hears the water running, she speed crawls to the bathroom.
Her love of the bath also comes with a love of her bath toys. She loves to chew on them as she gets washed down.








You know what also loves bath toys? MOLD.
The insides of bath toys are the perfect habitat for mold; dark and wet.

I discovered this one day when I was squeezing out the excess water. To my horror, chunks and chunks of black mold squirted out with it. I will spare you the pictures, but it was awful.

So, I decided that I needed to figure out a way to clean them

First I filled my sink with hot water and added 1 cup of white vinegar. White vinegar is good at killing things such as mold.

I filled up the toys with the water/vinegar and let them soak for 30 minutes.

I then squeezed everything out of each toy. This worked well getting most of the mold out, but not all of it.

So, I tried the whole process again.

Still mold.

This time I filled my sink up with hot water and added 1/4 bleach. I filled the toys up with the water and let them sit for 30 minutes.

Again, I squeezed everything out of the toys. NO MOLD!!! I let the toys dry.






To prevent water getting into the toys in the future and giving mold the opportunity to grow again, I whipped out my hot glue gun and filled in the holes.


No comments:

Post a Comment