Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

6th Day of Christmas: Show me the Lights

Last year around this time I was very pregnant...35 weeks to be exact. That put Christmas right in the middle of my 37th week of pregnancy. The fact that I was full term, and had spent my entire 34th week of pregnancy in the hospital for pre-term labor, meant that there was no way we were making the 6 hour trek back home for the Christmas.
So, instead I tried to find something festive that we could do. I did my research and found an awesome house that put on a full blown light show. It was complete with music synchronization to their own radio station.
We set out tonight to go see that house. Sadly, we got there and there were no lights this year. I was so bummed! But, I did my research a few days ago and found another house that was supposed to have a great display as well. 
We made the trip all of the way across town. I am so glad we did! It wasn't just one house. Both the house I found online and their neighbor did a display together and it was awesome. They didn't have their own radio station, but they did play music and the lights were synchronized.


This picture just doesn't do it justice, but its the best I could get this evening. We are planning on going back next week with my parents, and I will take better pictures and a video.

Rowen absolutely loved it.  She stared, laughed, oohed and ahhed. It was so awesome to see just how magical Christmas is to kids by the look on her face. I know she wont remember this, but I will. I hope to keep that magic alive for her for Christmases to come, and make more wonderful memories of going to see the lights year after year.























This is day 6 of a 25 Days of Christmas series. To see the rest, click here.
http://anotheradventurewithourcupcake.blogspot.com/2012/11/25-days-of-christmas.html

No comments:

Post a Comment