Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 10: Pretty Program (and its reuseable!)

 
This was our wedding program. A simple chalkboard.
 
Let's be honest, every paper program I have ever taken home from an event has ended up in the trash can. After researching how much programs can actually cost, I felt bad for literally throwing away other peoples money, and didn't not want to let other people throw away my money.
 
I had been looking at chalkboards for my daughters room, when I came across this on Etsy. It was $80 and I personally could not bring myself spend the money on it. I really hate spending money.
 
Then, in another Pinterest session, I found this pin:
 
                                        
 
I would not feel bad about buying the chalkboard for my daughters room if I could get another use out of it. I immediately bought the chalkboard.
 
When it came in, I played around with it. I used chalk at first, but found it was super easy to wipe off. Then I used chalkboard markers. They were really difficult to use and tended to bleed.
I found these in Target. Chalkboard/Dry Erase crayons.
 
 
 
They were super easy to use and couldn't just be wiped off! Perfect!
 
 A couple of weeks before my wedding, I was counting my lucky stars that I bought this instead of paper programs. If there is one thing I learned from wedding planning, that is that nothing is set in stone.
We got a call from one of groomsmen saying that he wasn't going to make it to the wedding. He is in the army and couldn't get his leave request approved. We were able to get a replacement fast, but we wouldn't have been able to get new programs printed in time. With the chalkboard, I simply had to get a wet paper towel, wipe off the name and change it.
 
One way to save money, is to find things that can be used for more than one purpose. This was definitely true with this chalkboard program.
 
This is day 10 of a 31 day series. To see the rest, click here!
 
You can also find me on Facebook!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment