Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 11: Living Room Bookshelves

Before....

Bookshelf 1



Bookshelf 2 




Clutter, Clutter, Clutter... Story of my life.
Lets start with Bookshelf 1.
The majority of the bookshelf wasnt that bad.. The bottom shelf was the worst.
First I pulled everything out.


I found about 4 inches of old notes. Because of the field I am in, the information I am learning now, probably wont drastically change in the next 100 or even 1000 years. The human body is most likely going to remain close to what it is today. As a result, I want to keep my notes. They will serve as resources for the entirety of my career. However, 4inches worth is a bit much.







I took my notes and copied them so that they would be printed front-and-back. They now took up half of the space. I then put them in binders by subject. I put dividers between each subject and Voila! They now occupy 1 binder, rather than 3.





I straightened everything else and put it back on the shelf in a nice, neat manner.

I cleared off the top of the shelf as well, which was covered in old Carters coupons, the TomTom box and other random things.

After...


Now on to Bookshelf 2.
This shelf was much worse than the first one. It was full of random papers from 2 years ago, a mess of books that were just lazily thrown any which way that they would fit, along with other random things.
I pulled everything off of the top and out of the first shelf, (since thats where the bulk of the mess was) and put it in a pile on the floor.





I then sorted the pile into 2 smaller piles; a keep pile, and a toss pile. The papers in the keep pile were sorted and put into designated places (manila envelopes in the end table). The books were put back on the shelf.





I took the purple yoga mat and inflatable boat that were  in the corner and put them away. I relocated our floor lamp in their place. Two of my books were to tall to fit in the bookshelf, so I set them against it instead.

After...



This is day 11 of a 31 day series. To see the rest of the series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment