Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Day 12: Making the Most of Your Days Off

I am home 4 days out of the week (Friday-Monday). However, instead of being productive and doing fun things, we usually stay home and relax. I put everything off until Monday night and am scrambling to get things done. Where did the weekend go? Why didn't we do fun stuff?


This is the culprit:


Now, ok..this is an exaggeration.. This picture was taken at 4am one morning when Rowen decided it was a good time to get up. I turned on Dinosaurs and we snuggled until dad got up. We don't spend our entire time camped out on the couch watching TV. We get down on the floor and play, sometimes we go (window) shopping, and we go for walks around our complex.

But I am always wanting to do more.

I want to expose Rowen to more than just our apartment.I want to get her outside and play. I want her to become more social, especially she is already having a hard time with people who are not Colin or myself. I want to do fun things with her, even if she wont remember it now, someday she will and I don't want her to reflect on family time as what TV shows we used to watch.

Last Friday, we went to the fair. If you want to see more, you can click here. It was so much fun to get out of the house and spend time together as a family. I want more of that.

I think that organizing day to day activities is really important when it comes to being productive and succeeding. So I decided that I am going to try to add a little more structure to my day.

Last night I jotted down a couple things I wanted to do and a couple things I needed to do today:

1. Go to the park.
2. Go swimming (weather permitting).
3. Bake cookies.
4.Finish a couple of homework assignments.
5.Finish up tomorrow's blog.

Not a very exciting list, but when you spend your days cooped up at home, bored, its nice to have some direction.

1. Go to the park.


2. Go Swimming
Unfortunately, it was cloudy and cold out so we could not go swimming.

3.Bake Cookies
Apparently we ate more eggs than I was expecting this week, so I was unable to bake cookies.

4. Finish Homework Assignments
While Rowen was napping, I was able to finish all of my homework that is due next week! Woo hoo!



So, it may seem like today was a bust. I only managed to get 2 things done on my list. It wasn't a bust at all. The point of today was to organize and put structure to my day. I did that. No, things didn't work out like I wanted to, but the point was to do SOMETHING. And I did that. I completed 2 things on my original list. I replaced the remaining things with things I was able to do today.
Instead of going swimming, we went and exchanged a pair of too small baby pants and saw a friend at the mall.

Instead of baking cookies, I cleaned my kitchen and washed all of Rowen's fall wardrobe,

If you cant do everything you want, do something...anything... You wont regret getting things done and there will be less to do tomorrow.


O and as for number 5 on my list..I guess you will just have to check back tomorrow ;P


This is day 12 of a 31 day series. To see the rest of the series, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment