Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

31 Day Challenge

So this idea of doing a 31 day challenge has come up in a few of the blogs I follow. I later found out that it is being hosted by TheNester. I love, love, love the concept of taking a month and dedicating it to doing things to better your life, get things done you have been putting off, and even to just get creative and think outside the box.

So here is my 31 day challenge.

 

My fiance and I live in a one bedroom apartment with our 8 month old daughter and 2 dogs. When we first decided on the apartment, I wasn't worried about the space issue. We had actually lived in the exact same apartment a year prior and it was perfect. 

However, I did not realize how much "stuff" babies actually had. 

The lack of space mixed with the lack of time on my part has resulted in one very unorganized house. Boxes everywhere, piles of old school papers, clothes that no longer fit or are never worn, dog toys; its a disaster.

My house isn't the only unorganized aspect of my life. With my full school schedule, work, and time with my family, its hard not to miss school deadlines, lose homework, etc.


The house portion of this challenge will consist of purging things we no longer need. I will sort and organize every room, shelf, cabinet, drawer, etc. in my house. Once everything is said and done, I will develop and implement weekly routines to STAY organize, since adherence is the key to success.

As for the other aspects of daily life, I will get in the habit of not only filling out my day planner, but LOOKING at it everyday. I will force myself to avoid procrastination. I will teach myself to manage my time better so I can enjoy every free second with my family, rather than wondering what I forgot to do this time.

This is not going to be an easy task, but I am determined. I hope that by observing this challenge, you, my readers, will be motivated to become more organized. You will be inspired to rid your closets of the things you have been holding on to "just in case"; even though deep down you know that you will never touch them again.

But most of all, I hope that if you only take one thing away from this, is that you learn techniques to keep your lives organized so that you can enjoy your families.
My daughter is growing up so fast. I know I would much rather soak up every minute I can with her; rather than miss the little things because I am too busy wading through the puddle of disorganization I currently call life.

Challenge starts Monday..Are you ready?!

You can always come back here to find a running list of the challenge posts!
Day 1: Organized State of Mind
Day 2: Desk from Disaster to Decadent
Day 3: A Walk in the Park: Dog Leashes
Day 4: Baby's Bookshelf
Day 5: Study Successfully: Get Organized for School
Day 6: An Easier Trip to the Grocery Store; Meal Plan and Shopping List
Day 7:Bathroom Linens
Day 8: Baby Crib
Day 9: End Table
Day 10: Changing Table and Diaper Organization
Day 11: Living Room Bookshelves
Day 12: Making the Most of Your Days Off
Day 13: Under the Kitchen Sink
Day 14: Baby Dresser
Day 15: Bathroom Drawers
Day 16: Home Upkeep
Day 17: Hair Appliances
Day 18: Bar
Day 19: Kitchen Cabinets
Day 20: Organizing Your Bills
Day 21: Craft Tub
Day 22: Closet Part 1: Hang It Up!
Day 23: Around the Kitchen Sink
Day 24: Medicine Cabinet: What a Pill!
Day 25: Closet Part 2: Shoes
Day 26: Closet Part 3: Everything Else
Day 27:Baby Cabinet
Day 28: Utility Closet

Want to follow more awesome challenges?
Megan will be using her 31 days to make a house a home.

Randi  is doing 31 days of crafting














Beth is taking 31 days to living a more intentional life.






As always, dont forget to like me on Facebook, and subscribe!




No comments:

Post a Comment