Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 19: Kitchen Cabinets

Ok, so I am a day behind. Rather than posting 2 posts in one day, I'm going to tack on an extra day at the end of the month to make up for yesterday.

So today... kitchen cabinets. Mine were really bad. You may not be able to tell from the pictures, but nothing was in a designated spot. I had bowls in 3 different locations, food and dishes mixed in the same cabinet. Nothing made sense. My goal was to keep all of the food together, without dishes spread randomly throughout.

Before...

I started with the first 2 cabinets. I tore everything out and put it on the counter so I could see exactly what I was working with. There was so much, I had to use the panoramic mode on my camera.






I put all of the baby food together on the tops shelf. Before we had is spread between the cabinets and the counters. Its nice to have everything in one place. All of the bread products went on the second shelf.  Lastly, the miscellaneous stuff that didn't really go anywhere and didn't fit on the higher shelves due to height, went on the third shelf  There isn't much so I don't mind that its kind of a random assortment of things.







The next cabinet, because it is the biggest, is the main storage area for food.  I put all of my baking stuff on the top shelf, since it is the least often used. The next shelf I put all of the various pastas we have, as well as the peanut butter (mainly because it didn't fit anywhere else). The bottom shelf became home to canned goods, and things that come in boxes, such as mac and cheese, graham crackers etc. I also put bottles of various sauces on the bottom shelf.




After that, I moved to the spice cabinet.

I put all teas and tea related  items (honey) at the top. Stuff like baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, etc. went on the second shelf. And all of my various spices went on the bottom shelf. They are ordered loosely in alphabet order. and by loosely I mean all of the As are close to each other, all of the Bs are close to each other and so on.

Lastly, I moved all of the bowls I found to one of my bottom cabinets.



After....


I love this idea. Putting everything you need fore each meal on your meal plan in a separate box... Maybe someday.


This is day 19 of a 31 day series. To see the rest of the series click here.

Don't forget to like me on Facebook, and to subscribe to my posts by clicking "Join this site" on the left-hand side of the page under Followers.


2 comments:

  1. ^ lol me too. My kitchen is in need of some organizing too. Oh and I found some great handmade cabinet knobs that i thought I might share.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sartistic?ref=seller_info

    ReplyDelete